Velg Training is Australia's leading provider of Vocational Education and Training (VET) professional development and consulting services.
Having served the VET community since 2003, Velg Training’s national client base represents Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) across Australia, including VET practitioners, teachers, trainers, assessors, TAFE teaching professionals, enterprise trainers and assessors, industry experts and other VET professionals.
Educate, Inspire and Empower the Vocational Education and Training (VET) community
Provide quality, flexible and innovative products and services to Australia’s VET community
Our clients, our people and our reputation
As an organisation we are dedicated to:
- exceeding client expectations;
- acting with integrity and respect;
- achieving high standards and quality outcomes;
- fostering innovation and accountability; and
- recognising success and celebrating outstanding achievement.
Velg Training views its product and service quality as being defined by its clients.
Velg Training works closely with its clients to understand their businesses and their expectations. This close working relationship helps Velg Training to meet its clients’ expectations today and better anticipate their needs for tomorrow.
Demonstrating its commitment to Australia's VET sector, Velg Training offers the following services:
Velg Training Membership is available to all VET practitioners and provides discounts on professional development opportunities, consulting services and products. Receive weekly VET sector updates, access hundreds of content-rich resources and networking opportunities.
Velg Training’s specialist consulting services are delivered by VET industry experts who work with RTOs across Australia providing a range of options to suit individual needs. Products and services are offered face to face and via correspondence and range from large, ongoing projects to providing on-site professional development to your staff conducting a simple document review.
Face to Face Events
Velg Training offers professional development opportunities for the VET sector through public workshops, partnered and special events at major locations in all eight states and territories across Australia.
Velg Training’s webinar program has been developed to provide quality content on key VET sector developments in a flexible medium. Through our monthly Members Lunch Box, weekly webinars and online professional development program which includes some events providing high definition video streaming, there are a range of options available for busy VET practitioners.
The VET Summit is an annual two-day event for RTO Managers and Trainers and Assessors, and is delivered via our online platform and streamed in high definition video, so that attendees can access the content from the comfort of their desk.
National VET Conference
The National VET Conference is one of the largest gatherings of VET practitioners and decision makers from across Australia, focusing on Policy & Reform, RTO Management & Compliance, Training and Assessing, Foundation Skills, eLearning and regulation in the VET sector.
VET CEO Conference
The VET CEO Conference is an event designed specifically for the key stakeholders and decision makers within a Registered Training Organisation (RTO). Presentations range from strategy and leadership to workplace culture and communication skills, all in the context of running a successful RTO.
Velg Training is committed to creating and developing innovative, responsive and effective products specifically designed for the VET industry. Our products are designed to service client needs and we are dedicated to increasing our product line to meet market demand.
Velg Training has been at the forefront of professional development and consulting services for the VET sector in Australia since 1st April 2003 when it was established by Michelle Weaver, CEO of Velg Training.
Since that time, Velg Training as a business, and in particular Michelle Weaver as CEO and owner, has been formally recognised as an innovative player in a highly competitive market, as a recipient of the following awards:
- Michelle won the 2014 Australian Training Awards National Leadership Award
- Velg Training was a Queensland Finalist in the 2012 Telstra 1300 Australian People's Choice Awards
- Michelle won the Westpac Small Business Most Outstanding Woman in Business (Northern Region Award) in May 2011.
- Michelle won the 2010 Young Business Person of the Year Award in the Lord Mayor's Business Awards, which celebrates the achievements of businesses based in Brisbane. The judging panel paid tribute to Michelle for her success in building a strong business and her innovative and diverse thinking.
- Michelle was a finalist in the 2010 Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year Awards (Northern Region) and was the only female finalist in the 2010 Brisbane Young Entrepreneur of the Year Awards.
- In 2009, Michelle won the Young Business Woman of the Year Award at the 2009 Telstra Queensland Business Women's Awards and was a finalist at the national awards. The judges were impressed by how Michelle, as the sole operator, had turned her small Brisbane-based business into the national leading provider of VET professional development services in Australia.
- Michelle was a finalist in the 2009 Women in Business Awards and was featured in the Queensland Business Review.
Media and Publications
- Speech from the Assistant Minister for Vocational Education and Skills the Hon Karen Andrews MP – Velg National VET Conference – 16 September 2016
- Speech from the Minister for Education and Training Senator the Hon Simon Birmingham - Velg Training conference - 21 September 2015
- Speech from the Chairman of the Australian Industry and Skills Committee (AISC) Mr John Pollaers - National VET Conference - 17 September 2015
- Speech from the former South Australia Minister for Employment, Higher Education and Skills the Hon Gail Gago - Training practitioners converge in Adelaide for national conference - 17 September 2015
- Article from the Government of South Australia - 2015 National VET Conference in Adelaide - 12 January 2015
- Statement from the former Minister for Industry, Innovation and Science the Hon Ian Macfarlane - Government’s second tranche of VET reforms to deliver industry led and job ready skills and training - 12 September 2014
- Speech from the former Minister for Industry, Innovation and Science the Hon Ian Macfarlane - Address to the National VET Conference - 11 September 2014
- Presentation from Jason Coutts of the Department of Industry’s Skills Information Infrastructure Branch - 2014 National VET Conference - Brisbane - 11 September 2014
- Statement from the Victorian Minister for Higher Education and Skills the Hon Peter Hall - Victoria shows off as Melbourne hosts nation's largest VET Conference - September 2013
- Velg Training Statement - Response to the NSSC Position Paper - April 2013
- RTO Management Magazine - 2012 National VET Conference - Summer 2012
- RTO Success - 2012 National VET Conference - November 2012
- RTO Success - Infocus with Michelle Weaver - November 2012