Developing your Students' Digital Literacy Skills in a Digitally Disrupted World
In a world which is being continuously disrupted by technologies such as augmented reality, artificial intelligence and automation, the need for good digital literacy skills has never been greater. While many Australians use the internet and social media, around half of all adult Australians are still functioning with low level digital literacy skills. This means these people are at danger of having the private information easily compromised or being cyber-hacked in some way. The adult education system offers these people the opportunity to increase their digital literacy so they can work and live effectively in a digitally disrupted world.
Key topics covered within webinar
- Why do you need to develop your students' digital literacy skills?
- Preparing to implement digital literacy development activities
- Strategies for developing your students' digital literacy
- Ensuring students work successfully and safely online
- Ways to guide and let go
Who should attend
- Head of Faculty/Department/Area Manager
- Private Individual
Date and Time
29 March 2017
- 11.00am - 12.00pm (AEST: QLD)
Other time zones:
- 12.00pm - 1.00pm (AEDT: NSW, ACT, VIC, TAS)
- 11.30am - 12.30pm (ACDT: SA)
- 10.30am - 11.30am (ACST: NT)
- 9.00am - 10.00am (AWST: WA)
NB. Can't make the session?
We send out all electronic resources to registrants within 48 hours of the session close. All Velg Training Webinars are scheduled in AEST (QLD time) - please check your timezone before logging on to the online training session.
Bio of presenter
Allison Miller has been a professional learning and business development leader for over 20 years. She is the Director and Lead Consultant of Digital Capability, an organisation which specialises in cutting edge e-learning and e-business solutions which help people succeed online. Allison has a Master of Learning and Development (Organisational Development). She also leads the ePortfolios Australia professional network, the annual Eportfolio Forum.
Cost of webinar
- Member - $49 (incl. GST)
- Non-member - $79 (incl. GST)
What to expect
Presented by Allison Miller, from Digital Capability, you will be provided with the following resources after the event:
- Recording of the webinar (two week access)
- Additional electronic resources
- Electronic Statement of Attendance
Opportunities to interact
- Use a microphone to speak with trainer/attendees
- Raise your 'virtual hand' to engage in discussion
- Share your thoughts via online chat window
- Answer online polls that provide instant group feedback
NB. If you would like to send chat questions to the presenter, Allison Miller, before the session, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Velg Training Webinar FAQs
For more information on this form of online professional development, supporting resources or to register for a test webinar, click here.
For further information about the Webinar program, please contact the Events Team at Velg Training.
Ph: 07 3866 0888 Email: email@example.com