RPL is Mandatory Again (Webinar)
When clause 1.8 of the 2015 standards for RTOs states “The RTO implements an assessment system that ensures that assessment (including recognition of prior learning): . . . “ it must be expected that the word ‘implements’ means at least one of the following: “execute”; “apply”; “carry out”; “apply with implements”; or “put into effect”. This clause goes hand in hand with clause 1.12 requiring RTOs to also offer RPL.
This session explores the opportunities to “put into effect” an RPL assessment approach that is user-friendly for both the candidate and the assessor whilst maintaining, in an efficient and effective manner, the quality and rigour of the qualification.
The session applies a ‘Black Box’ methodology to RPL assessment development. This ‘Black Box’ ensures the ‘jargon of the unit’ remains out of sight of the candidate and is substituted by a self-assessment that is not only easy to undertake but clearly informs the assessor of the evidence that needs to be collected for them to make and record their professional judgement.
Key topics covered within webinar
- The requirement for RPL in the Standards for RTOs 2015
- RPL – the candidate’s perspective
- RPL – the RTOs perspective
- Avoiding the ‘classic’ approach to RPL that challenges the Principles of Assessment
- Components of an efficient and effective RPL Assessor Kit
- Maintaining the quality of RPL assessment by using the ‘Black Box’ approach
Who should attend
- RTO/Compliance Manager
- Head of Faculty/Department/Area Manager
Date and Time
1 March 2017
- 11.00am - 12.00pm (AEST: QLD)
Other time zones:
- 12.00pm - 1.00pm (AEDT: NSW, ACT, VIC, TAS)
- 11.30am - 12.30pm (ACDT: SA)
- 10.30am - 11.30am (ACST: NT)
- 9.00am - 10.00am (AWST: WA)
NB. Can't make the session?
We send out all electronic resources to registrants within 48 hours of the session close. All Velg Training Webinars are scheduled in AEST (QLD time) - please check your timezone before logging on to the online training session.
Bio of presenter
John Price has been an educator and trainer for over 39 years and in that time has worked as a Head of Department at TAFE, mentor, facilitator of national workshops covering delivery and assessment, risk management, auditing, leadership and interpersonal skill development. John has been a keynote speaker at local and national conventions and conferences, and maintained a grass roots level approach to dealing with people at all levels of the organisation. He has also assisted over 300 organisations in Australia to achieve quality certification to the range of National Training Standards including: Standards for NVR Registered Training Organisations; Australian Quality Training Framework standards (AQTF from 2001 – 2010); as well as the International ISO9001 standards (AS/NZS and ISO from 1987 – 2008) and worked with them in establishing continuous improvement systems and strategies for both human and physical resource development.
Cost of webinar
- Member - $49 (incl. GST)
- Non-member - $79 (incl. GST)
What to expect
Presented by John Price, you will be provided with the following resources after the event:
- Recording of the webinar (two week access)
- Additional electronic resources
- Electronic Statement of Attendance
Opportunities to interact
- Use a microphone to speak with trainer/attendees
- Raise your 'virtual hand' to engage in discussion
- Share your thoughts via online chat window
- Answer online polls that provide instant group feedback
NB. If you would like to send chat questions to the presenter, John Dwyer, before the session, please email email@example.com.
Velg Training Webinar FAQs
For more information on this form of online professional development, supporting resources or to register for a test webinar, click here.
For further information about the Webinar program, please contact the Events Team at Velg Training.
Ph: 07 3866 0888 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org