Documenting the Volume of Learning in the Training and Assessment Strategy
The Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF), which is part of the VET Quality Framework, provides a guide to the Volume of Learning required for each qualification type. Additionally, Clause 1.2 of the Standards for RTOs 2015 requires the RTO to determine the amount of training they will provide to each learner. When developing the Training and Assessment Strategy, careful consideration needs to be given to the background of each cohort when determining the amount of training as a component of the overall Volume of Learning.
Key topics covered within webinar
- Why we need to include amount of training (and volume of learning) in our TAS
- When and where to use terms like duration, nominal hours, volume of learning and amount of training
- What 'counts' in each volume of learning and amount of training
How do we document in different circumstances
- The characteristics of the cohort
- The characteristics of the training product
- The characteristics of the delivery
- Who is interested in the outcome
Who should attend
- RTO/Compliance Manager
- Head of Faculty/Dept/Area Manager
- Private Individual
- Government Officer
Date and Time
5 July 2017
- 11.00am - 12.00pm (AEST: QLD, NSW, ACT, VIC, TAS)
Other time zones:
- 10.30am - 11.30am (ACST: SA, NT)
- 9.00am - 10.00am (AWST: WA)
NB. Can't make the session?
We send out all electronic resources to registrants within 48 hours of the session close. All Velg Training Webinars are scheduled in AEST (QLD time) - please check your timezone before logging on to the online training session.
Bio of presenter
Carol Hunter is the Principal of RTO Services and Consulting. Her experience in management in the VET sector in Queensland includes Director, Training Quality and Regulation; Manager, Audit Services and Manager; Training Secretariat to Training and Employment Recognition Council and Training Employment Board (Queensland) within the Department of Education and Training.
Carol has also worked in operational roles in both public and private RTOs, in policy and curriculum development; and as a secondary school teacher.
Cost of webinar
- Member - $49 (incl. GST)
- Non-member - $79 (incl. GST)
What to expect
Presented by Carol Hunter, you will be provided with the following resources after the event:
- Recording of the webinar (two week access)
- Electronic Statement of Attendance
Opportunities to interact
- Use a microphone to speak with trainer/attendees
- Raise your 'virtual hand' to engage in discussion
- Share your thoughts via online chat window
- Answer online polls that provide instant group feedback
NB. If you would like to send chat questions to the presenter, Carol Hunter, before the session, please email email@example.com.
Velg Training Webinar FAQs
For more information on this form of online professional development and supporting resources, click here.
For further information about the webinar program, please contact Velg Training.
Ph: 07 3866 0888 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org