How to Maintain Vocational Competence
What will be covered in the webinar
Maintaining vocational competence is a requirement of all trainers in the VET sector. However, it is often something that proves problematic for practitioners, either in terms of recording their proficiency or in actually keeping current. Vocational competence is defined as broad industry knowledge and experience, usually combined with a relevant industry qualification. A person who has vocational competence will be familiar with the content of their vocation and will have relevant current experience in the industry. Training Packages or Accredited Courses include advice specific to the industry related to the vocational competencies of trainers and assessors and this webinar provides a variety of techniques and templates to support the journey towards this vocational competence.
Key topics covered within webinar
- What is vocational competence?
- What are the responsibilities for RTOs in ensuring the vocational competence of its trainers?
- Where to find advice on vocational competence within Training Packages and Accredited courses
- Techniques and templates to support the tracking of vocational competence
- How to build a culture of mutual responsibility
Date and Time
26 April 2017
- 11.00am - 12.00pm (AEST: QLD, NSW, ACT, VIC, TAS)
Other time zones:
- 10.30am - 11.30am (ACST: SA, NT)
- 9.00am - 10.00pm (AWST: WA)
NB. Can't make the session?
We send out all electronic resources to registrants within 48 hours of the session close. All Velg Training Webinars are scheduled in AEST (QLD time) - please check your timezone before logging on to the online training session.
Bio of presenter
Who should attend
- RTO/Compliance Manager
- Head of Faculty/Depart/Area Manager
Cost of webinar
Member - $49 (incl. GST)
Non-member - $79 (incl. GST)
What to expect
Presented by Marc Ratcliffe, you will be provided with the following resources after the event:
- Recording of the webinar (two week access)
- Additional electronic resources
- Electronic Statement of Attendance
Opportunities to interact
- Use a microphone to speak with trainer/attendees
- Raise your 'virtual hand' to engage in discussion
- Share your thoughts via online chat window
- Answer online polls that provide instant group feedback
NB. If you would like to send chat questions to the presenter, Marc Ratcliffe, before the session, please email email@example.com.
Velg Training Webinar FAQs
For more information on this form of online professional development and supporting resources, click here.
For further information about the webinar program, please contact Velg Training.
Ph: 07 3866 0888 Fax: 07 3866 0899 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org