Continuing on the success of the 2015 and 2016 Virtual VET Summits, the 2017 Virtual VET Summit will deliver professional development for Vocational Education and Training (VET) practitioners at the convenience and comfort of your desk.
Join us for 10 interactive sessions focussed on assessment practices and streamed over 2 days. Learn practical, useful assessment tips, trends and ideas that can be implemented immediately in your RTO from leading VET experts.
Visually as an attendee, you will be able to view not only the content as it is being delivered, but also be able to interact in a real-time discussion forum with the facilitator and your peers. This represents a fantastic return on your investment!
The 2017 Virtual VET Summit is now taking bookings - secure your place today to ensure you stay abreast of the most relevant, topical issues in the VET sector surrounding assessment.
Sessions will cover:
- Identifying units of competency within a qualification to cluster for assessment
- Developing holistic assessment tools
- Reviewing assessment for compliance
- Identifying key features of quality assessment tools
- Making assessment judgements across a range of units
- Developing effective observation checklists to assess performance
- Designing robust assessment tools to collect third party evidence
- Gathering assessment evidence from other parties
- Understanding authenticity of third party evidence
- Determining what competence 'looks like' in the workplace
- Gathering evidence and efficient methods of recording this evidence for quality and compliance
- Identifying 'gaps' in knowledge and skills and how these can add value to the candidate and their employer
- Mapping for quality assurance
- Learning how to motivate the candidate for further success
- Understanding the professional judgement process in RPL assessment
- Identifying 'key' features in assessing in an online environment
- Selecting online assessment tools and strategies with a blended learning approach
- Understanding digital assessment including data collection, privacy, validity, authentication and storage
- Making assessment design choices with digital assessment tools
- Demonstrating mapping against a unit of competency
- Undertaking the mapping processes
- Developing a mapping process for a unit of competency or a cluster of units
NB: System requirements include having access to the following; Windows or Mac Computer, Internet Connection (broadband is recommended), Adobe Flash Player and the latest version of Google Chrome or Firefox.
Virtual VET Summit Date and Time:
14 & 15 March 2017
- 10.00am - 2.45pm (AEST: QLD)
Other time zones:
- 11.00am - 3.45pm (AEDT: NSW, ACT, VIC, TAS)
- 9.30am - 2.15pm (ACST: NT)
- 10.30am - 3.15pm (ACDT: SA)
- 8.00am - 12.45pm (AWST: WA)
Who should attend?
- CEO/RTO Owner
- RTO Manager/VET Coordinator
- Compliance Staff
- Training Manager
Member $299 (incl. GST)
Non-Member $349 (incl. GST)
What to expect
- Opportunities for networking
- Online interactivity with both presenters and peers
- Electronic resources
- Electronic statement of attendance
- Recordings of each session after the conclusion of the event including the Chat live feed
Opportunities to interact
- Able to ask the presenter questions via questions window
- Share your thoughts with peers via the online chat window
- Network with your peers
- Assessment management and deployment
- Workflows to automate your processes
- Branding to your requirements
- Integration with your systems
For further information about the Virtual VET Summit, please contact the Events Team at Velg Training. For more information or to download the Help Guide, click here.
Ph: 07 3866 0888 Email: email@example.com
2016 Virtual VET Summit Event Feedback
“Being able to remain in office yet gain latest professional information.”
R Rock - Dalton Training Services
“Very beneficial for me. It sorted out a lot of the smaller areas I was unsure of. I liked the passion and the knowledge each trainer had for the area they presented. Thank you. I am very grateful.”
J Saxby - Victory Life International Bible Training Centre
"Great to be able to be in the office at the same time as tuning in to the training."
D Conway - One World for Children
"The efficiency of accessing this information so easily in the virtual setting was fabulous. Interaction with other delegates was also very satisfying. I think many more questions were asked of presenters using this platform than in a face-to-face group."
A Bowden - TAFE NSW New England Institute
"It was a fantastic way to access information without losing time at work. This is valuable for all of us running RTO's."
A Williams - College for Law Education and Training
"Excellent and cost-effective. Ability to go back and view presentations a great advantage."
M Kimber - Health Star Training Network
"Up to date information from knowledgeable presenters."
K Gould - Western Sydney Institute of TAFE
"An outstanding opportunity well delivered. Huuuuuge congrats to VELG on the quality and usual high levels of professionalism the summit was delivered with :) "
J Guinea - Narbil Training
"Thank you for providing a flexible, online environment to learn from such professional presenters. Congratulations to the Velg Training team for the level of service to participants and the ability to troubleshoot when necessary. Please note the 3 scored under the interactivity question does not reflect dissatisfaction with the presentation methods just reflecting my preference to access the maximum amount of presentation time rather than question time."
D Jeanes - SMG
"Content was excellent and the presenters were interesting."
L Watson - Association of Children's Welfare Agencies / Centre for Community Welfare Training